Tuesday, November 26, 2013
And for now, back to food.
Spiced Sautéed Carrots
Serves 6 as a primary side
1 pound carrots, cut into coins
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sherry or brandy
1 teaspoon sugar
Zest and ~2 tablespoons juice from an orange
1. Melt butter in a large sautée pan over medium-low heat.
2. Add carrots, stir well to coat. Let cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Add orange zest and seasonings. Use plenty of pepper, enough curry powder to dust all the carrots, a good dash or two of nutmeg, and a pinch each of the cumin, rosemary, and salt
4. Cook 2-3 more minutes, then add orange juice and sugar. Continue coking until all liquid is mostly absorbed and carrots are mostly softened, approx. 5 minutes.
5. Add the sherry and stir vigorously. When all the liquid is absorbed, check for tenderness and serve.
Posted by Colin Killick at 1:58 AM